• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member checking in

sunny every day

Hi all.

Been slowly fixing this LR the past 2-years. Its 34 years old so has various issues. Would like to strip it down but as a newbie mechanic, I'm concerned I'll end up with it in parts for a year. But I am learning and checking and replacing parts as and when I can.

Add: I have taken the roof and upper sides off. Would like a hoop and canopy. Yes, someone (not me) painted it Black and its real hot here in Florida. Go figure. I would like to paint it back to NATO Green in the future.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's a sticky in the Restoration/ Paint and Body Work forum that will give you some very useful information on paint. Bottom line there is Behr Premium Flat in FSS 34094 as the least expensive way to repaint your LR.

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from a another "sunny every day" state Cali. I have some old school stuff too m34 and m756a2

61sleepercab

Welcome to site. I saw a LR in our local junk yard the other day. The old style ones are rare in West Virginia, there used to be one locally several years ago.

A good paint job is 99% preparation of the body beforehand, and 1% the actual application of paint. I saw a 50's Chevy truck with a nice metallic paint job that showed through every underlying bondo job!
Mark

Whiterabbit

Welcome to the green nut house!
Sunny, I'm Whiterabbit over on the GNR site.
Hurry up and fix that darn thing before the Oct. Georgia Rally, I'm tired of being the only 109 EXMOD in this bunch!! :drool: