• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member Cookeville, TN

GRoot85

Since a young age I have always wanted a military vehicle, starting with a CUCV then HMMWV never pulling the trigger. After a several year hiatus, I started searching to see what was available. I quickly realized a Caimen or Cougar MRAP is unobtainable.

After quite a bit of searching and some failed purchases, I picked up a 94 M1070, reset January of 2006.

Here’s the good and the bad. Truck runs great, most things work, BUT and I realized (my exuberance over took me, stupid I know) after purchasing the tires were in sub par shape.

Now my dad and I have made a habit of flying to vehicles I have purchased in the past, and making road trips which we have both thoroughly enjoyed.

Now I agree none of them were of this size and potential risk, hindsight… ha!

Now we certainly “experienced” something neither of us will never forget and that’s a 16.00R20 Michelin setting it self free.
Part 2 of the “experience” was installing the spare.
Several hours later and with the help of the local “Tire Man” thank you Jesus for you!

Now tires being on the forefront of our thoughts, the drivers front tire looks as if it will fail next. We limp the truck to the next truck stop. There we quickly decided this trip is better suited with the truck being transported home.

Afters hours of phone calls and emails looking for someone, we get a 50ton wrecker who agrees to haul
It back to TN.

We get a taxi and head to the closest hotel/airport.
As I’m getting in bed tow truck driver calls and tells me
there is another blow out and his is 65 miles from Memphis and can’t proceed the rest of the way. He hauls it back to one of his yards 40 miles back in Arkansas. Which is where it sits now

Despite all of this I am still very excited about owning the truck and can’t wait to get home.

I have considered getting it to Memphis equipment for repairs and a thorough inspection.

The information I have gathered on here has been priceless and I appreciate everyone’a help.

Enjoy the pictures!

Best regards,
Geoff

18F0DF2A-B172-459F-BF8F-30C2A5AD8E62.png1F801920-4A36-445C-9EDD-8D2A4A924BF2.jpeg7B5631FA-DB97-473A-B974-32149E301F45.jpeg73B1FE63-2445-457A-BB3B-ABF71653F8D2.jpeg876413CA-3C2E-4425-8322-63CCE6FD1359.jpeg09EA584A-0D1C-4366-BD47-736213730FD3.jpeg

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I can get it hauled to you. I am in Memphis and can put it on a lowboy with no problem.

Also have lots of tires in Cookeville at the old truck wash up on 111 by the truck stop.

I have a big yard and can look at what all needs to be fixed. The HET I have there is lonely and wouldn't mind a friend.

Memphis equipment has no parts or experience with these trucks so I wouldn't even let them touch it.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can get it hauled to you. I am in Memphis and can put it on a lowboy with no problem.

Also have lots of tires in Cookeville at the old truck wash up on 111 by the truck stop.

I have a big yard and can look at what all needs to be fixed. The HET I have there is lonely and wouldn't mind a friend.

Memphis equipment has no parts or experience with these trucks so I wouldn't even let them touch it.

^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^

Wes is the man you want to deal with.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter

And THIS is why this community is unmatched....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks