• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from Est Europe

zang

Hello everybody here!!!
My name is Viorel. I'm a new guy in Est Europe - Roumanie. I've had a m1008 since 1985.Is my first military vehicle.
Thanks for all the great info on the site. I'm now a member :beer: .
Alles gute !!!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site. I did a couple weeks in Bucharest and Constanta in '94. Wow what a cool trip that was. That palinka was awesome. I'll pass on the fish stew though. Will go down as one of my favorite trips.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Welcome from Columbus, Georgia ZANG.

Yes, this site is a wealth of good information but even better....it's a close family of MV loving brothers and sisters:beer::)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site, Viorel.

Is it hard to find parts for your M1008 there?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
No, is very nice ok, for finds for my m1008...
I' things so.
Scuse my for language, but not is ok, because east europe...

No excuses needed, you are speaking better English than half of us.

zang

Here there are no parts for m1008.
All items I order from RockAuto Auto Parts and come in about a month.
In my country there are only a few m1008 and m1009. That I know.
I am a professional naval electro-mechanical and trying to maintain my car but without the need of consumables. However, it amazes me how easily you can work on it.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Ai lucrat vreodată pe submarinul Dolfina (poate am gresit ca)? Am fost la bordul ei în 1994.

Your english is better than my Romanian.

Now all we need to figure out is how to work the shipping on parts for palinka.

zang

It is correct as written. I worked three years on vessels alongside. Maybe you remember that there were several ships of the Border Police near the "DELFINUL" (the only submarine of the army, but nonfunctional because of lack of batteries that Russia does not produce any more) and yes, I was on the submarine.
As palinka, mmm ... and I am a big fan of it. You give me your address and I will be interested how to make it legal to send you a package with something palinka home.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
WOW, Cool. Bateriile au fost o problemă atunci când am fost acolo, dar, de asemenea, la acea vreme au sperat să-i ghicească care a căzut prin intermediul. Ea a fost o barcă frumoasă când am fost acolo. Nu mulţi oameni au intrat intr-o vreodată clasa Kilo, în special americani.

Muzeul Forţelor Aeriene a fost de lucru privind restabilirea Stuka de la Marea Neagra, atunci când am fost acolo.

Am avut un timp minunat în România. O mulţime de partide, o mulţime de băut, şi câteva alte distractiv.

palinca de discuţii ar putea fi o problemă. Ar fi o HAZMAT. Într-o zi am putea avea să se întoarcă în vacanţă. Ma indoiesc ca voi face peste pe afaceri.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Zang! Hope that ya enjoy the site! WELCOME ABOARD!! Hey Carnac!! You make the rest of us look like chopped liver (well, sort of! LOL) You actually speak Romainian? AWESOME!! I knew you were smart, but DANG! ROFLMAO!
God bless!
LIL t

Last edited:

zang

Now living and working on the border with Serbia, but almost every year in August, arriving in Constanta and if you ever get through the area, give me the news and make out with some off-road, some drunk, etc.. And if we find the Constanta, go and "Delfinul".

zout

Ok Zang - no matter where you are from this is a universal language sign:
nopics

lets see pics of your ride.
Welcome to SS from the Great State of Georgia (U.S.A.)

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Welcome Zang! Hope that ya enjoy the site! WELCOME ABOARD!! Hey Carnac!! You make the rest of us look like chopped liver (well, sort of! LOL) You actually speak Romainian? AWESOME!! I knew you were smart, but DANG! ROFLMAO!
God bless!
LIL t
I had a former life. My cousin speaks nine languages fluently and another 4 enough to get by. I sure hope he studies some more to catch up to me. LOL.

If not in English, I prefer speaking German aber, wenn in den Deutschland or in this case Romania.

The one I'm working on now is Icelandic. Einhver fra iceland?

You know, I don't habla though. My wife does but I don't. Never had the desire. I like the less common languages.