• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from NM

NM 1078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fairly new to the page. I recently picked up a 2003 M1078A1 with 8k miles on and traded in my 2016 Ram that i had built out for camping. So far everything has been going well with it, even with it being a daily. I installed a block heater which has been a life saver. I did have one question for anyone who might have some info. Periodically my check engine light pops on and then turns off after a few seconds. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Cheers

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fairly new to the page. I recently picked up a 2003 M1078A1 with 8k miles on and traded in my 2016 Ram that i had built out for camping. So far everything has been going well with it, even with it being a daily. I installed a block heater which has been a life saver. I did have one question for anyone who might have some info. Periodically my check engine light pops on and then turns off after a few seconds. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Cheers

Welcome...I suggest you start a new post in the FMTV forum to get your question answered. It may not get noticed here in the New Members area

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Cheers
Welcome to the Outfit!

It might be worth spending a weekend sitting in the right seat and going through the fuse panel cleaning it up. Before you start, disconnect the batteries! What you want to do is clean the contacts in the board. The windows aren't always rolled up when it rains and the creeping crud slowly takes over. Use a small brass toothbrush and then apply a little Anti-Oxident paste.

And while you are here, grab yourself the TM's (Technical Manuals) for your truck.

NM 1078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the Outfit!

It might be worth spending a weekend sitting in the right seat and going through the fuse panel cleaning it up. Before you start, disconnect the batteries! What you want to do is clean the contacts in the board. The windows aren't always rolled up when it rains and the creeping crud slowly takes over. Use a small brass toothbrush and then apply a little Anti-Oxident paste.

And while you are here, grab yourself the TM's (Technical Manuals) for your truck.

Thanks, I'll make sure to do that this weekend. The previous owner did tell me there is a leak on the passenger side coming from the overhead marker lights so that water may have messed with the contacts. I need to fix that light along with the other small stuff.

Swope

Cheers
Welcome to the club

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks