• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from South Dakota

MIHELA

Hi everybody. First off I wanted to say, this is one of the best forums I've been on, posts are generally friendly and informative. I'm looking at eventually building an M109 based RV and I'm in the planning stages. It will probably be a few years, I have to get the space to store it, some funds to buy/build it, and approval from the OBC. :)

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site, the prices on 109s certainly do not seem to be going down, and the desire for them seems to be going up Good luck and again Welcome to the site from ND
KK

91W350

South Dakota has a few guys in the know on deuces, get hooked up with them and life will be a lot easier for you! Welcome from Kansas! Glen

Bighurt

Welcome to the site, the prices on 109s certainly do not seem to be going down, and the desire for them seems to be going up Good luck and again Welcome to the site from ND
KK
Ain't that the truth!

Visiting Troy can cause issues. Either you realize someone is more addicted to you or you leave with an Empty wallet.

As a side note he and his Dad are a great pair. If I lived closer I'd wrench for him...

91W350

I want to stop by sometime, when my differentials are not dragging in the snow and when I can stand to be outside for more than five minutes. It was miserable there in February, but I really enjoyed it. 8) Troy's place is better than Pioneer Village....

deuceman51

LOL, you and Karl had one heck of an adventure that time. I also recommend taking the tour in the summer/fall as wintertime half the collection is under snow and it's a lot less depressing, lol.

91W350

It was an adventure and a really steep learning curve. I would not trade it off though, it was great! Laying in six inches of blowing snow at 6 degrees was not really fun, neither was the diesel shower I took while purging the water out of the fuel lines. That ice covered slab of concrete it was sitting one while I checked differential, transmission, transfer case and brake fluid levels was chilling to say the least. I am very thankful that the truck was in excellent shape, in more ways than most will ever know. 8) Having you as a back up hiding hole down the road was a great asset. Karl was a lucky break for me too, great guy. This site seems to have more than its fair share of great guys. Glen

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks