• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEW member From Spring,TX

Mr.Six

Hi there everyone. i go by Mr.Six on forums

So im very young kid im 19

i have always loved Military Anything. and the 2 1/2 ton truck is the truck i want
or a tractor truck . i think the truck that has the top come off would be real nice

ive been reading around and i think its around the year 1966 to 1973
i think those are the years i like. as long as it looks close to those years then ill be happy.

i really never want to go in to the army or service or anything cuz my wife is already in the navy so me being gone also would not be a good marrige lol

but im looking to buy a 2 1/2 truck soon.

and well i found this site today and would like to know what GL is
is that a site ?

as far as my use for the truck. i just want it to have it as my weekend driver
or even for when ever there is a storm. its always good to have a pack up plan in a storm :-D

Last edited:

Mr.Six

lol ive read alot about this fever.

im likeing this site already. alot of Info to read about.

and i found out what GL is. lol

txdodge43man

Welcome to the site I live in tomball texas and have been to spring many time and spring creek. Their are a number of groups in houston that deal with MV I think there are a couple people in spring with MV's. So welcome to the site tell your wife thank you for her service. Any question feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

Keith_J

Welcome!

GL is the sole contractor for Defense Reutilization Management Office, DRMO. GL is Government Liquidators, they handle the auctions at DRMO.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard Mr Six. The Texas contingent is getting pretty big!

Buckmaw, I seem to have missed noticing you before now, you are very close by. Welcome aboard to you too.

Cheers

Last edited:

Mr.Six

Thanks everyone :-D

yes spring creek is a few streets away. your talking about right near old town spring right?
if so then yeah im not to far from that part of spring creek.

im pretty sure im goin to be seaching these forums for the best things to look out for when buying my M35.

and ill probably ask a few questions of my own.

ill tell the wife also :-D

sailor2000

Welcome aboard... plan a saturday or sunday trip to I-610 and Wallisville Rd on the east side of Houston and visit the Military Museum of Texas. http://www.texasmuseum.org/ Among other things you will see Jeeps, 6x6 trucks of various flavors, a variety of APC flavors, half tracks and even a M60 Tank. All in working order. Don’t be surprised to see an M113 or M114 running around the back lot. If you get lucky, you may get to see (and feel) the M60 shaking the earth as it runs around the grounds.

You will also see my 3 M35 6x6s. Please wave to them or better yet give them a hug for me. Due to work and other issues I have not gotten over there to see them in months.

You will find the folks at the Museum to be some of the warmest, welcoming and knowledgeable people anywhere

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter

You will find the folks at the Museum to be some of the warmest, welcoming and knowledgeable people anywhere
I will second that. My M813 came from one of the museum members several years ago, went there to make the deal and again to pick it up. Nice facility, an excellent collection, and a great bunch of folks to have a chat with. I've made several trips back since then.

Cheers

Mr.Six

Welcome aboard... plan a saturday or sunday trip to I-610 and Wallisville Rd on the east side of Houston and visit the Military Museum of Texas. http://www.texasmuseum.org/ Among other things you will see Jeeps, 6x6 trucks of various flavors, a variety of APC flavors, half tracks and even a M60 Tank. All in working order. Don’t be surprised to see an M113 or M114 running around the back lot. If you get lucky, you may get to see (and feel) the M60 shaking the earth as it runs around the grounds.

You will also see my 3 M35 6x6s. Please wave to them or better yet give them a hug for me. Due to work and other issues I have not gotten over there to see them in months.

i will do that. i think when the wife comes back thatll be a fun thing to do.
she is excited that we will get one of these sooner or later.
oh also cuz the fact that its a HUGE TRUCK!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks