• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member Idaho panhandle

7bdiver

Hello folks, and thanks for all of you on the forum. Owning these rigs would not likely be much of a joy without all your support. Saved my bacon a couple of times before I even joined.

Purchased myself a 1985 m35a2. I believe it came from canada and has the 8.5" battle rims on it. (Xl 11 x 20 singles)

So far:

Redid the rear hubs
New flex lines on the brakes
Master cylinder is rebuilt
Two spring ride bucket seats up front
NOS heads and improved gaskets
Pyrometer and boost gages
Deleted flame heater
Projection headlights

Much more to come as I get it squared away for the winter. Interior, tire grooving, winch, headache rack/roll bar with dual spares, tools/spares box...

When I find the appropriate threads, and time, I will add pics of the old head gasket failure and stuff like that, to help other members with general diagnostics.

Recommendations/wisdom always welcome.

Cody

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello folks, and thanks for all of you on the forum. Owning these rigs would not likely be much of a joy without all your support. Saved my bacon a couple of times before I even joined.

Purchased myself a 1985 m35a2. I believe it came from canada and has the 8.5" battle rims on it. (Xl 11 x 20 singles)

So far:

Redid the rear hubs
New flex lines on the brakes
Master cylinder is rebuilt
Two spring ride bucket seats up front
NOS heads and improved gaskets
Pyrometer and boost gages
Deleted flame heater
Projection headlights

Much more to come as I get it squared away for the winter. Interior, tire grooving, winch, headache rack/roll bar with dual spares, tools/spares box...

When I find the appropriate threads, and time, I will add pics of the old head gasket failure and stuff like that, to help other members with general diagnostics.

Recommendations/wisdom always welcome.

Cody
Hi Cody,

Welcome to the outfit!

Yes sir for sure! We need to get you a thread setup so you can post pictures and show what you are working on. I grabbed a few links to make it easier to find things. Sounds like you have plenty of projects - just like most of us ;-)

The standard Deuce Forum is here:

The hot rodding and modifications forum is here:

And just to keep you on your toes - there is a forum for what you did for your Deuce this week.

Happy to have you here!

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers! You came to the right place for advice. It sounds like you already have a good idea of what you're doing, but if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Someone here has or can find out the answer. And yes please do post pictures when you can. We are a photo hungry group 😂. Again, welcome.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks