• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new member in ma needs info about 5tons

hdtrains

Hi, I'm a new member in MA and am looking at purchasing a 5 ton M923 or 925.
I have a class 3 or c license. I'm looking at a 91 m923a2 right now and am trying to find out more about registering it and insuring it. I've been getting a lot of advice but one usually contradicts the others. I know I may have to get a class 2
or B license. I don't plan on using it as a commercial vehicle. I was hopeing that some of the other members in MA could give me some good advice.
Thanks in advance.
Ed

dependable

Welcome to the forum. It is my understanding you will need a class 2 license, as the listed gross weight of a 923 is over 26,000 #. I am not aware of any exceptions, the best way to find if there are any is to ask at a registry office. You should get a commercial license anyway, in my opinion, it is a handy thing to have. Then if you do get the opportunity to work with your truck you can.

hdtrains

They were the first ones I tried. Mybe its just me but their web site was very hard to get the info i was looking for and on the phone or in person they were very busy and kept getting either automated answering machine on the phone or sent to someone else in person. It was
very fustrating. I was hopeing some one who may have already been through it, could get me
going in the right direction.
Ed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks