• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member in TN

ToddJK

Welcome to the site. Hopefully if everything works out, there's talk of moving the Georgia rally to TN, might have the opportunity to enjoy your new to you ride and hang out with some SS members. The TM's for your vehicle will be like your Hanes manual to diagnose, trouble shoot, specs, ect for everything on it.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I recently purchased my dream truck…an M1123 HMMWV! Now for the waiting…

I‘ll use this time to read up and learn about some things I want to do to make it “mine”
Welcome to the Outfit!

So, you have already been welcomed, been told about the TM's (Technical Manuals), found this website, got yourself a truck... All you gotta do now is wait for paperwork and eventually you be able to cruise the neighborhood.

BE SURE to take some pictures and create a new page (thread) for yourself and your New-To-You truck. Having those original pictures will show you how much you have done - looking back after a few months of turning wrenches and fixing paint... After all, without pictures it didn't happen. :cool:

Again, welcome to the group.

zr2yz125

Thanks everyone! A local rally would be cool! The HMMWV was my second choice, but it was my wife's first choice, so the HMMWV it is. A duce (or 5 ton with a crane) on super singles was my first choice. I remember seeing a duce for sale about 10 years ago, the guy had a meat smoker that looked like a missile he towed behind it. Image pulling up to a campground with a smoking missile that served delicious helpings of America Meat! I cannot think of a better way you could both: 1. meet cool people and 2. keep the commies at bay!

The M1123 will replace our old YJ jeep. The YJ was my Wife's daily driver when we met over 20 years ago. About 15 years ago the Jeep got promoted from "daily driver" to "neighborhood toy" - an important vehicle title as we all have double-digit acreage in the mountains of TN.

Owning a decommissioned military vehicle was on both of our "bucket lists" so I'll be happy to have a new "neighborhood toy" and to cross something off our lists.

I've already started downloading manuals for it. I repair all my own stuff. The only time something goes to the shop is to get tires mounted or a front-end alignment.

We were looking at the trails on our property and my Wife said, "Is this wide enough for the Humvee?" I replied, "If the trail wasn't 7-1/2' wide when you started, it will be when you come out on the other side!"

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks everyone! A local rally would be cool! The HMMWV was my second choice, but it was my wife's first choice, so the HMMWV it is. A duce (or 5 ton with a crane) on super singles was my first choice. I remember seeing a duce for sale about 10 years ago, the guy had a meat smoker that looked like a missile he towed behind it. Image pulling up to a campground with a smoking missile that served delicious helpings of America Meat! I cannot think of a better way you could both: 1. meet cool people and 2. keep the commies at bay!

The M1123 will replace our old YJ jeep. The YJ was my Wife's daily driver when we met over 20 years ago. About 15 years ago the Jeep got promoted from "daily driver" to "neighborhood toy" - an important vehicle title as we all have double-digit acreage in the mountains of TN.

Owning a decommissioned military vehicle was on both of our "bucket lists" so I'll be happy to have a new "neighborhood toy" and to cross something off our lists.

I've already started downloading manuals for it. I repair all my own stuff. The only time something goes to the shop is to get tires mounted or a front-end alignment.

We were looking at the trails on our property and my Wife said, "Is this wide enough for the Humvee?" I replied, "If the trail wasn't 7-1/2' wide when you started, it will be when you come out on the other side!"
That's Great!!

Especially when "the Finance Department" is on board and needs a HMMWV. Makes it much easier to buy parts when the wife is involved in this project!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks