• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member, thanks for the add

sbgarage

Hello. I just got an 85 m1009

It's rough body wise but no blowby or bubbles in coolant. Flywheel is cracked or it has wrong starter due to a bad 12v conversion I'm guessing but it will start with some effort.

Got it for cheap, going to get it up to speed mechanically and electrically then make the call on the body.

I'm no stranger to the 6.2 detroit, I have an 82 k10, I've used this site before for some 6.2 related things. I'm a member on DieselPlace GM diesel forum as well, same handle
20240621_175017.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello. I just got an 85 m1009

It's rough body wise but no blowby or bubbles in coolant. Flywheel is cracked or it has wrong starter due to a bad 12v conversion I'm guessing but it will start with some effort.

Got it for cheap, going to get it up to speed mechanically and electrically then make the call on the body.

I'm no stranger to the 6.2 detroit, I have an 82 k10, I've used this site before for some 6.2 related things. I'm a member on DieselPlace GM diesel forum as well, same handleView attachment 926532
Welcome to the Outfit!

The CUCV manuals are available at:

Don't hesitate to use the books... They can be useful.

Picture us up with a few more. Doesn't matter what it looks like, just a few more?
Welcome again to the group...