• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new member with a load of toys...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Looks like you have it down. Location, check. Picture attachment, check. Readable posts, check. Good to go.

FloridaAKM

Welcome aboard & your posting skills are good to go for your first post. Are your landing legs in the bed of the trailer, since they are not stowed above the tongue of the trailer? That trailer came from Ft Stewart, Ga a few weeks ago didn't it. You can tell from the algae growing in the bed. Nice trailer & great price for an M1101 in that condition! I see that the trailer came with the landing legs, but just aren't there in the photo.

Again welcome & enjoy your learning experiance here!

Last edited:

ghostcrab

You are correct FloridaAKM, those Ft. Stewart M's are showing fresh green in the beds.I see you have a group of M's in your stable as well. Lots to learn from here on..... and they all came with landing gear but the rubber hold downs were suspect so I removed them for transport.

Last edited:

ghostcrab

Thanks Ahab, its one of sixteen I won from the GL Ft Stewart bid fest !.When the smoke cleared I and my 3 buddies hauled all 16 back one at a time from Ga. to our M1102 corral in Jax. Fl. Plans are to modify and customize four of them for personal hauling and recreational use (beach gear transport,surfboard sailboard hauling,lawn tractor mulch/rock etc.mover) gonna be a crazy learning experience.Would never have pulled the trigger on this group project without lurking here for a while first. The green disease is catching. Will make proper posting to the for sale area for the remainder of the units,SS members can have first pick of the litter if anyone needs/wants them!

Another Ahab

Thanks Ahab, its one of sixteen I won from the GL Ft Stewart bid fest !.When the smoke cleared I and my 3 buddies hauled all 16 back one at a time from Ga. to our M1102 corral in Jax. Fl. Plans are to modify and customize four of them for personal hauling and recreational use (beach gear transport,surfboard sailboard hauling,lawn tractor mulch/rock etc.mover) gonna be a crazy learning experience.Would never have pulled the trigger on this group project without lurking here for a while first. The green disease is catching. Will make proper posting to the for sale area for the remainder of the units,SS members can have first pick of the litter if anyone needs/wants them!
Cash flow can slow it down…but no vaccine yet that cures it.

FloridaAKM

Sixteen @ one pop...you guys are in it for the haul on these trailers. Recovered one @ time, that's my style, but you had to make @ least 4 trips with your buds to get them all home. Good luck on your project.

Did you have any problems with axle heat on your recoveries? My one from Ft Stewart heated up (never too hot to touch) to the point that I had to let it cool down every 50 miles or so initally & after getting back to Florida, it ran cool the rest of the way.

I still have to take a day off from work to go pickup another M1102 in Atlanta this coming week that had hoops & a cover that I had to have for some reason!

ghostcrab

We originally won four at the previous Stewart auction, then came up with the bright idea of funding our own toys by getting 12 more and making a small profit on them to cover our new addiction ( might work, might not) but we are having fun already.Had one with warm grease covers so stopped in Newport exit for liquid intake.My friends diesel had no A/C and he was roasting in the cab with the triple digit temps.Both he and the covers cooled down so back to Jax. with no problems.Had one set of dragging brakes that showed up 5 minutes after leaving the Fort. I had packed the Steel Soldiers trailer retrieval kit ( 1 of everything and more !) pulled into a solid flat area, jacked each side ( one at a time) and removed the brake adj. rubber insert spun the big 37's and adjusted the cog till they were smooth (applied and released the manual brake a few times to make sure it was free spinning) and off we went !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks