• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DIndFab

Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I love military vehicles and hopefully will have my first delivered this April! Looking at an M923a2.

I'm work facility maintenance, married, 2 boys, and going to college full time. All that still isn't enough to keep me out of trouble so I'm looking for a project.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Kentucky. You're from a state with a high infection rate. Hopefully your 923 will keep you out of trouble.
JC

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome!

If you really "love" military vehicles - then you ARE infected already with what is called the "Green Iron Disease"!

Sure enough you came to the right place; just don't expect to find any cure, here. It's more like the opposite: fever can only get worse...!:)

G.

5tonman1971

Welcome to the forum! This is great place to be as long as you read the rules and read the TMs.

And welcome fellow Ohioan, I am in the lima area if you ever need help

DIndFab

Welcome!

If you really "love" military vehicles - then you ARE infected already with what is called the "Green Iron Disease"!

Sure enough you came to the right place; just don't expect to find any cure, here. It's more like the opposite: fever can only get worse...!:)

G.
I've been looking into the m939 series and I have enough ideas that I am going to need atleast 10...

I already have a center console and 2 air ride seats picked out and instead of bench seats a plan for two rows of captains seats on swivel mounts in the rear...

Then I would want a bobbed one
But not just with the trailer bed, I'm thinking I cut the 14' dropside and add fenders so I would have the look I want and still a 9' flatbed. Maybe extend the bed height 16" as well.

Like I said, 1 isn't gonna get it done.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Academy.:cookoo:

Don't say we didn't warn you.

Several of the Ohio delegates make the trip to the GA Rally in October. Last year we had over 100 prime movers, assorted trailers and other green iron. We set up a Military Kitchen Trailer and cook most of the week. Good food, good people and good times. It makes for a great family vacation. Set a jar on the cabinet and put a few dollars a day in it and you'll have gas money for the trip. You don't need to bring an MV and the place we have it has cabins and showers if you want to pitch a tent.

Oh.....watch out for that Gimpy Rob guy in Cincy.......he ain't right.

DIndFab

The rally sounds like a great time!

I'm not sure if work is going to let me head out to look at a truck to bid on. But it's close and I got an ok price to have it hauled back so even if it's un road worthy I'm ok.

Is there anyone in the Toledo area with a m939a2 series that could show me the ins and outs of what to look for?

My scheduled is tight but I try to research as much as possible but most things I remember and understand in person as opposed to reading.

jw4x4

Welcome from Dayton. There is a big show in Findlay coming up in May. It's just a static display. If you want to see some off road action, check out Haspin Acres (Laurel, Indiana) coming up in June. The Georgia Rally is the pinnacle.