• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GixxerRider

Hey everyone!! Just so happened to stumble upon this site looking up part NSN's so I thought I would join as well. I'm a Sergeant in the Army and currently stationed at Schofield Barracks, HI. I'm born and raised in Hawaii and left the islands about five years ago after coming back from OIF 3 with my Reserve unit and signing up for Active Duty, which I love. I'm currently in charge of scheduled services in my unit and I found out the hard way that the motor pool I'm in doesn't have anything technical wise that will be of help, so I've made it a little mission to try and get all the help that I can get. I just wanted to say thanks in advance for any help that anyone here can give me!!

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers! When I was in the Army I never went to a nice place like Hawaii! Oh well. You will find that there is a lot of knowledge and expertise on this site.

GixxerRider

Thanks for the invite!!

I ride a gixxer 600 for now, but once I leave Hawaii, I'm going to get something bigger. My wife wants me to get a cruiser, but I'm going to have to think on that one. The stuff I was researching had a lot to do with TM's and service parts. Since I got to this unit, I've been tasked with multiple additional duties, such as Environmental Compliance Officer, HAZMAT NCOIC, and now I'm in charge of scheduled services. Well there were a bunch of vehicles that no one has service packets nor service kit NSN's, so I've been trying to research anywhere I can online. I've been lucky to find some on this site as well as TheMotorpool.org, but there are still some things that I can't get that are accurate. In the end though, I could use all the help I could get because I know once we go downrange, I'm going to need it. I have no idea as to where I would post a thread or ask questions if I need a TM or probably service kit NSN's, so if anyone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot and I love the vehicles everyone owns!! I'm going to probably try and get a CUCV or whatever when I get out.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'm going to probably try and get a CUCV or whatever when I get out.

Welcome to the site and thanks for your service.

I do have to tell you that I believe it is buried somewhere deep in the rules section that if you are going to hang on SS, you have to get a deuce. :p

Atomic

Welcome from GA! I lived on my ship on Sand Island for about 6 months while I was in the Pacific. Loved it, HI not living on the ship.

Enjoy!!

Hooty481

welcome to the site... me and my wife are thinking about spending our 1year aniversary over there. we spent our honeymoon over there in Maui at the Westin on Kanapali shores. We loved it. any way hope we get to make it back over there. enough of that...

Hope you enjoy... alot of good info here

Cucvnut

Welcome to the site and thanks for your service.

I do have to tell you that I believe it is buried somewhere deep in the rules section that if you are going to hang on SS, you have to get a deuce. :p
I thought new members got a deuce for free from a member with 2 or more deuces:beer:.

Welcome to SS

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks