• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Mexico members check in here!

Newmexico

So it's been a long time since I've been online - literally over 2-years. Covid and other changes have wiped the slate. The whistler purchase fell through when I was downsized at work. But I found a great job in Kansas; unfortunately I've now been diagnosed with spondylolistthesis in my L4-L5. The M36 isn't coming east, I just can't do this hobby anymore.

The M36 is a longbed cab and chasis with a continental 6 gasser, sprag transfer. I have rebuilt the 5-speed and it needs to co back in. 4 of six dog bones are new with joints for remaining two. new shoes in the box and a ton (literally) of new parts. It is sitting at my property in Farmington, NM and I need to sell the property. I just can't do the wrenching anymore with my back and the job demands in Kansas. I think I may make a website with all the details and post it there as well.

So, now I have my M36 & inventory I need to liquidate. I want it to go to the right person, but it is mid-project and needs to be progressed forward to move out. That means a couple days of work. Possibly six NDTs mounted to get it on a trailer. Not roadable because I was into the brake system replacement (unless that's finished up onsite as well). Was doing a super single and have seven good Michelin 44s, new tubes etc. Using the stock wheels (I like the look).

There are so many parts its crazy. It makes me sad to not be able to do this anymore , but I've had to come to terms with my age and physical limitations. Forgive my rambling. The goal was to ultimately make it a quad with a standard bed behind as a bugout. Would be so excellent.

Anyway I'm writing in this NM forum to find out if there anybody nearby that's interested and capable. This is not a for sale thing. This is a come get it thing for the right individual. I have tons of pictures to share with that right person and will be heading to NM next week, so would be able to check anything of concern. If you know of anybody looking, please make me aware or let them know. I really don't want to call the scrap guys.
- thanks, Bob
View attachment 899125View attachment 899127View attachment 899129
How did everything end up for you? I'm new here from the Deming area, salutations to all

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks