• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEW MOBIL MAN CAVE & recovery

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I put a bid in for what I thought was a 280 size shelter, I had inspected and this was the best of the 4 that were up at the same time. As the auction got ready to close the prices started to rise but mine stayed firm one of the others went for twice my bid in OT. My plan was to win a 1061 trailer to haul this new shelter, I got outbid so no trailer. Plan B to use my buddies civi trailer for the recovery but new shelter wound not fit between the fenders. Plan C, pulled the S-491(280 size) shelter out of the duce that I had just finished painting to match the duce then drove it out for the recovery. These newer style shelters are flat on the bottom, no skids like the older ones and are taller on the inside.
GL at Riley has 2 new fork truck drivers in the yard and not only did this guy smash the exhaust hood on the shelter it took 8 tries before he got it in the bed. To add insult to injury he also left a half bushel of hard ball size gravel under the middle of the shelter to give it the teeter totter effect! Got it home and glad it is in the truck as it is tre' kool and will find a trailer for my older one. My new Mobility Shop Container was made in late 05, came with a brand new boarding ladder, more stowage bins than it needs, heater/dehumidifier, 110 and 24v lighting table on the left folds flat against the wall and has enough room for 3 cots. The other great feature are the cargo curtains that ratchet in place to hold the bins on the shelves. The only thing missing is the AC unit and I have one that fits the housing like a glove. So now all I have to do is prep and paint it to match the duce.
http://www.aarcorp.com/gov/catalog/pg_0141.pdf

Attachments

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Jani kinda has her eyes on them, if she doesn't claim them I will bring them to you at Findlay.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice find Mr San Francisco Dave - The Beef King.

Gimp, I'll bet Doc still has some bins. :)

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
update

Went over this morning an added two much needed man cave items, AC and a microwave for hot pop corn to go with the :beer:. The microwave fit right in on a shelf below the dehumidifier and in front of the circuit breaker panel I think I will use neoprene pipe insulation to fill the gaps on the side of the AC unit, any other ideas?
Also used two rolls of shop towels and a bottle of 409 cleaning the moon dust out of it, still need to clean the dust off all the bins and field day the floor.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks