• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new motor

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New paint, how many miles on the odometer? Usually they replace those when the motor is changed.

My truck had 37 miles on the clock, and looked the same as yours. It might be new! Cross your fingers.

bottleworks

That looks like a GL photo....Even a brand new engine could have been run with no oil and got locked up. It's best to inspect. IIRC, the tach should have been replaced with a new engine. It has the hour meter.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Renovate is right. My truck has a tag right under the engine data plate that says when it was rebuilt and what they turned the rods and mains to. I guess it could be a new engine though but it would have had to have been in storage for some time because they haven't made any new engines for several years ( your data plate should tell you when the engine was made).

m16ty said:
Renovate is right. My truck has a tag right under the engine data plate that says when it was rebuilt and what they turned the rods and mains to. I guess it could be a new engine though but it would have had to have been in storage for some time because they haven't made any new engines for several years ( your data plate should tell you when the engine was made).
:ditto:

my truck is a 1971 just came back from overseas kuwait couple months ago. but it has a brand new motor, trans in it. 600 miles later after i got it the motor oil is still clean.

MilitaryRestoration

i inspected that truck myself and it has a rebuild tag on the motor of 1992...it also had a newer transmission as well... very nice truck really... could use some paint and the usual, only reason why i didn't keep bidding on that truck is because the one i got with winch, heater, cross bows all in tact, and cargo cover...went for not much more... did anyone win this truck? if so I have additional pictures i believe and also more info on it, if wanted...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks