• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new on site

alright , new to the group but we dove right in "won" a m35a3 at gl today in sparta wisconsin, hoping to drive it to ohio, 800 miles, i know that it might be crazy but i am an experienced diesel mechanic and plan to go loaded for bear with tools , air compressor , welder generator , anything else i can carry, trying to locate members along the route in case of emergency, help with locating parts etc. i would like to know what fuel filters are needed for a3, standard for 3116 or military put something crazy on them? also any helpful advice would be appreciated

Last edited:

LanceRobson

Welcome to the site. I've never turned wrenches on an A3 so I can't help there.

As far as contacts for support on the trip I'd use a new thread. You'll find that concise titles that get your point across without folks having to open the thread to read a rambling title will get more reads. I'd suggest a title something like "Sparta, WI to OH recovery help needed?"

If you use the search feature for queries like "M35A3 filter" you may get some info.

Good luck and again, welcome.

Lance

6x6guy

Congrats on the A3, I am located in North Eastern Ill, if you need any assistance fell free to contact me if a situation where you might need some assistence, or a place to work/store your truck.

ODw/envy

Welcome.

I did it in a 69 A2 "without" brakes." A little over 900 miles. I say, go for it if you know how to wrench.

P.S. It is cheaper to have it hauled.

AceHigh

It probably would be cheaper to haul. You will be at $500 in fuel alone. Take the cargo cover off if it has one, also note the insulated cab cover can be troublesome. I got a knife out at a rest stop and removed the liner. Little pieces of the insulation kept getting in my eyes.

Chief_919

It probably would be cheaper to haul. You will be at $500 in fuel alone. Take the cargo cover off if it has one, also note the insulated cab cover can be troublesome. I got a knife out at a rest stop and removed the liner. Little pieces of the insulation kept getting in my eyes.
Cheaper to haul, and safer to haul a truck you have zero idea the condition of.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks