• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New paint

poppop

Almost finished painting the 813 Cargo. Ran out of paint and waiting for a gallon from Rapco. Its green 383 CARC. Were there any camo patterns that used this green as the base coat? Anybody got any suggestions on what markings would be best for this vintage truck. It was five color camo when I got it and only had front bumper markings and what I assume are truck number markings on drivers front fender and both side of the bed. The left bumper num was 1S1F31780T and right D3--44. Front left fender was TP 80 and center of bed both sides was TP 50. Can anybody decifer these? I am going to try to attach a picture but have a new camera so may take a while.

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beautiful truck! I envy you, wish I had a chunk of land big enough to have a shop that size!

jkelly66

I have been told that 383 forrest green should be the base coat. I drove one of these when I was in the army back in the 80s and if I remember the ones my unit had was 3 or 4 color Nato camo the more I have seen latly make me think it was 3 color. Nice truck looks as good as any I drove when I was in

poppop

Thanks guys!!! The shop is going to get bigger. I was a tobacco farmer and this shelter was lined with tobacco barns on both sides. It has a two ton electric hoist on tracks that can travel the length of the building. It was used to unload and stand up the large containers of tobacco. Tobacco business went to He?? so I quit and sold the barns. The old shelter in the background is falling in so it is coming down and I am adding a 60 foot wing for equipment storage on that side. On the other side I am adding twenty feet for the welders and shop tools and work tables that I will move from my current 20 by thirty shop building. It will be nice to have all my tools in one place and not have to run back and to between buildings. The present size is 40 by 82 by 17 tall. When I get it finished it is going to be SWEET!!!!!!! Lots of space to work on toys as my other passion is antique tractors.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Poppop, that looks great!!!! I can't wait to see it in Toccoa.......maybe I'll try to bribe you into taking it for a spin around the block.....

ida34

There is a manual in the manual section that shows the proper 3 color nato pattern for all sorts of vehicles. You need black and brown.

poppop

Thanks Chuck!! Robert, I have ordered a gallon of CARC subsitute from rapco that I hope will be in before Toccoa. If not all that is left is the bed floor and the inside walls of the bed. It will not show on the outside.