• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New questions on M923a2

maxtor

Ok,,, I have been reading the "10" and see the diagram on the operation of the CTIS system, but still can not visualize how you can get air into a rotating tire. ???

Also they reference the tool box for CTIS tools and spare tire tools. Did most of you receive those tools, or were they removed before your purchase? I will not know until after the 23rd to see where the tool box is and what is in it. I did read that the manuals are under the passenger seat. Hopefully they are still there in ours.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The -24P tm should have a diagram of the hub that shows the CTIS parts . The TM section for changing a tire will also list any specialty tools needed.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Finding tools in any vehicles is luck of the draw. If the vehicle was turned in with a full set of Basic Issue Items (BII) and they make it through DRMO to GL and don't walk off before the vehicle is sold you might find them in the toolbox. The first deuce I ever bought (sight unseen) was delivered to me from Fort Jackson, SC and when I opened the OVM box there were almost two complete sets of BII stuffed into it. Out of all the trucks I have bought since there were only tools in a couple of them. I did notice on the MK48's and HETT's I helped load that most of the BII was still in them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ever see an air hose real?