• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New rust repair project

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Idmack you have a couple options here there are a number of companies that make like a rust encapsulator (for lack of a better term) the one O have used if POR15 and Eastwood also makes on that I have not used but if it says Eastwood its probably pretty good also. I know the POR15 has to be painted directly onto the RUST so do NOT clean it up at all, knock the chunks off that you can and coat it then you do have to paint it when done over the POR15. The other option as you know is the hard but LONG TERM yet a bit painful way and that is to pull the bed and start grinding and welding in new metal where needed. You do have a fair bit of rust coming through and you can likely slow it down a lot with rust treatment products but unless you do it all this will be your job every spring for a long time, and when done you will be able to start back from where you started and do it all over again. This is on a Deuce correct? The bed weighs around a ton and its easy to get off if you have a place to suspend it from I lifted mine off with a chain hoist then set the bed on a trailer and when done I lifted the bed off the trailer with same chain hoist and backed the truck under it and set it back on. pretty easy! The rest is up to you but rust is a bugger for everybody good luck!
Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks