• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Steel Soldier owner from Nebraska

Routt

I bought a 1986 M1009 Blazer recently and am glad to have found this site. I am a former Jeep owner and spent a lot of time wheeling while stationed in California. I spent a good deal of time in the NAXJA forum and hope this one is just as good of a place. Thanks for all who have taken the time to help other Steel Soldier owners fix problems and come up with new ideas for their vehicles. I have had a common transmission shifting problem with my M1009. I replaced all of the vacuum lines...no fix, I just put on a new modulator..(havent tried it yet) and I found a write up in here that told the proper port to plug in the modulator and pump to the vrv and realized that mine was wrong(came that way!) so in a bit I will take it for a drive to see if the problem has been fixed. The vrv was also in the fully forward toward the radiator position...adjusted that so we will see. Thanks for the great site.

RealCavDog

A big welcome from the Missouri Ozarks !

The addiction only gets worse, and really no known cure, because as many folks on here have found out, even having the Misses and the Bank say NO . . . doesn't mean it can't be done ! 2cents

91W350

I replied earlier, but my phone must be on strike. Welcome from Kansas, if you need anything from down here, I am your man... You have some great SS members in your home state! Glen

Routt

Thanks all for the welcome. I will get some pics up here soon. Its woodland camo...with a plow, not too different looking :)
Took it for a ride earllier and it shifted real nice..maybe a little too quickly, will do a little more adjusting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks