• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Super Singles on my 817

Tackettr

I spent a couple days at my dad's putting new wheels & tires (HEMMT Combat rims & Goodyears) on my 817. The closeups are of the rear wheels using the standard lug bolts and nuts. the front I used the budd thimbles & nuts. I just wanted everyone to see how much thread you would have doing it this way.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great looking tires and rims.

That is a great looking exhaust pipe also...;-)

Tackettr

I'll try to answer most of the questions on this.

1. Wheels Flush on the front: I did not modify the front thimbles and although there is a recessed area around the front studs (Wish I had took a pic!), I don't think the wheel is fully seated against the hub(It is very close!). However, I personally am not concerned about it at this time since it will only be driven on the farm & back roads for now. The combat rim is so thick it is hard for me to imagine it flexing.
2. Performance: I only had time to drive it around the farm & back roads only getting up to maybe 40 MPH. No noticable difference on ride or performance.
3. Exhaust: Yeap! Exhaust stack almost took me as long as the wheels! I had one bolt that snapped and had to drill it out. Thanks for your help Warthog on getting me the part!

KsM715

Its not the flex of the rim, its the extra leverage on the studs. If you stay off public roads then your probably good to go but dont be surprised if you find some snapped studs.

M813A1

Hello Colonel !! You should be OK on the road !!! I had the 1400r20's on my M813 and ran it on the road all year !! it is nice to cruise along at 63 mph !! You will like now you have to get it ready for the parades !! You will like them !!! It does make the truck look Great !!

Tackettr

Thanks M813A1! I wish I could use it in parades. It will have to wait for a while I only have a few weekends left before I leave. Hopefully, I can get it up for the Edmond 4th of July parade in 2012. Hard to think about something so long away!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks