• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New tires and Line-X

galeo7171

I just dropped some money on my 1009. I had 4 new BFG A/T KO's 31 x 10.5 tires installed. I also had Line-X sprayed on the inside. The tires made a big difference. My Goodyear wranglers rode like crap, shook me out of the cab going down the road. The line-x looks outstanding....Pics to come, although to me the tires look a little small, should have went a size bigger, but too late now!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Please post some pictures. I'm looking at the LINE-X thing for mine also but timing is my issue. I maybe using a vo-tech center to rebuild my truck and don't see the purpose in line-x'ing it before doing the rebuild.

spentshell

Looks like they did a real nice job, good quality. I like the look, did they cover the bolt holes up or just spray them. I was wondering how hard it would be to put a bolt back in that was sprayed over?

pevrs114

Line-X is always cheaper if you do the prep work yourself (interior removal, etc). You can usually tell them which bolt holes to save and if you want any covered up you can do that too. When I did the Herculiner in my CJ7 tub, I just rolled up scraps of paper and shoved them down into the bolt holes. This protected the threads from the Herculiner and it was easy to pull them out and put the bolts back in.

galeo7171

I removed all the seats, seat belts, etc and took it to them. The total cost was $600 for it. I'm really happy with it, makes the inside of the truck look so much better.

spentshell

Good idea with the paper I have used Herculiner on an enclosed trailer over wood. It seems like tough stuff just more chunky than the linex, I guess you can't beat that sprayed on look. A friend of mine just did a van floor with it that is used for small demo jobs so we'll see how it holds up.I still like the look of that Line-X that would look good in on my cab floor. Tires look good to not so many weights with the smaller size.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Line-X is good stuff! I beat mine up. I have had heads, blocks, metal, wood, batteries, oil and all kinds of other stuff in the truck. I peeled up a small area on a lip and it will be fixed next week for free.,not bad for 2 1/2 years and 30K...warranty, gotta love it!

galeo7171

readyman said:
Did you do much prep work? What condition do they need for spraying the Line-X. I was thinking of doing my HMMWV wheel wells(exterior).
All I did was take the seats out and drove it to the line-x place. He did all the prep work for me

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks