• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new to cucv's

chevy79k5

hey all i just got me a 96 cucv m1009. i got a few questions.
1. the fuel that is in it is about a year old is it a bad idea to run this throu the system or will i be ok i did put some conditoner in it befor driveing it home.
2. its a lil hard to start when cold could this be a glow plug problem.
3.it seams to loose power when i go up hill almoste like its not geting fuel could this be a dirty fuel filter.
thanks for all the help Ryan

jrou111

Welcome to the site. First off, we like pics, so you need to post some! :razz:
M1009's were not made in 1996, did you mean 1986?

1. 1 year old is not TOO old, but does it have a varnish smell to it? If so, it can ruin your fuel system. If not, put in a small bottle of diesel kleen or power service and you're GTG.
2. It's possible, read the TM's in the Resources section at the top. It has all of the manuals for troubleshooting for free.
3. It could be a number of things, fuel, filters, timing. Start with the general maintenance of the truck - change fluids, filters, etc. and go from there. The TM's have all the info. Also, check out the FAQ thread in the CUCV forum.