• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to deuces

Engine5

Ok, I got a question. I got the OK from the warden to buy a deuce. I have been looking online at the GL website. I have seen a lot nice trucks but I am a bit leery about buying one and towing or driving it back then deal with the hassle of getting a title. I got an M51A1 in real nice shape for my town,I am the Asst Director of EMA in town and we needed it.
As it sat in my yard waiting for a town plate I got bit by the bug and now I want a deuce. I dont know if I am better off buying one from GL or a private sale. I dont know how much of a pain in the butt the GL process is. But if it is the best option then I will go that way.

LibertyDeuce

Private seller for now is probably the best route. Took me two years of reading, researching and asking questions before I bought my Deuce and joined the "Drive it Home Yourself" club. Anyhow keep asking questions here on SS and good luck hunting. And when you buy your first one enjoy the ride!! You're going to want more.
[thumbzup] :lol:

scooter01922

I have yet to experience GL but i vote private sale. I have no clue where Millbury is but if you are ever up my way we can take mine for a spin to hold you over till you can find one :)

nattieleather

Because they are selling the duces in large numbers now there are folks on here and other lists who are buying them in lots like 3-5 trucks at a time...they don't need that many trucks so they are selling them...so now is a good time to buy one private sales. You'll pay a little bit more, but you wont have to deal with GL.

littlebob

If you can find a private owner in cash cruch, that would be the best bet. Unless an Auction vehicle is close enough to inspect and drive home the transpotation costs could kill you. It all kind of depends on your use and future plans. I bought my P.O.S. from GSA and knew I had along road ahed, but it was close and I was able to drive it home. I am trying to go through the whole thing an it might be a total of 3YRS before I'm done. To just get one and start using it you would be better to find one that someone else has spent time fixing stuff and has to change course.
littlebob

Engine5

I guess that settles that. I want to drive it withen a few days of buying it so I'm gonna go private. Guy's thanks for the help.
Scooter, I just might take you up on that offer. It's like Christmas again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks