• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to Forum and to a M101A2

immadman

Hello all!

I am new to the forum and the proud? owner of a M101A2 trailer that I acquired for a utility trailer from a private seller. It is (at least to me) in reasonably good shape. Manufacturer is listed as UTB and manufactured in 1992. It does have a couple of "rigged" features on it, but as I said, it is in reasonably good shape with bows and canvas intact. I bought it for use as a camping/utility trailer. With its ground clearance and heavy construction, it is much better suited for that than most of the civvy trailers I have seen.

One interesting thing I noticed were the taillights. As I was accessing them to change out the lights to a 12v bulb, I noticed the left one has been replaced with a newer? version of the old three bulb arrangement. It is pretty obvious it was struck as the bracket is still a little bent. It does have the smaller 24v MIL 623 in the top socket and the larger MIL 1683 in the middle socket. However, rather than a 623 in the bottom, it appears to have LEDs (a hybrid maybe?). Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

I have spent some time perusing the forum for tips and info in general, along with looking for ideas regarding any modification I would like to make. There is certainly a lot of good stuff here by what seems to be good folk. ;-) I strongly suspect I will leave it as original as I can and still serve my purposes. Now to find a vehicle that will match it! ;-)

Cheers!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats, that is one of the most universal trailers out there. May I ask what you towed it home with and how it towed? I'm sure you barely noticed it.