• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to Forum and to a M101A2

immadman

Hello all!

I am new to the forum and the proud? owner of a M101A2 trailer that I acquired for a utility trailer from a private seller. It is (at least to me) in reasonably good shape. Manufacturer is listed as UTB and manufactured in 1992. It does have a couple of "rigged" features on it, but as I said, it is in reasonably good shape with bows and canvas intact. I bought it for use as a camping/utility trailer. With its ground clearance and heavy construction, it is much better suited for that than most of the civvy trailers I have seen.

One interesting thing I noticed were the taillights. As I was accessing them to change out the lights to a 12v bulb, I noticed the left one has been replaced with a newer? version of the old three bulb arrangement. It is pretty obvious it was struck as the bracket is still a little bent. It does have the smaller 24v MIL 623 in the top socket and the larger MIL 1683 in the middle socket. However, rather than a 623 in the bottom, it appears to have LEDs (a hybrid maybe?). Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

I have spent some time perusing the forum for tips and info in general, along with looking for ideas regarding any modification I would like to make. There is certainly a lot of good stuff here by what seems to be good folk. ;-) I strongly suspect I will leave it as original as I can and still serve my purposes. Now to find a vehicle that will match it! ;-)

Cheers!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats, that is one of the most universal trailers out there. May I ask what you towed it home with and how it towed? I'm sure you barely noticed it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks