• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new to me (as of yet undetermined) trailer

quickfarms

It is a M416 with a modified tongue.

It looks like they removed the casting, lunette eye and landing leg and installed a ball hitch

Civilian tail light but the military brackes look like they are still there.

It looks a little rusty.

What sort of shape is the floor in?

Are you going to restore it or use it?

What did you pay for it?

oifla

yeah, they hacked it off pretty good. this is what it looks like now.

a little rusty in covina, ca = no rust in indiana :) hahaha the floor is actually in decent shape (surface rust only)

not sure what i am going to do with it, will have to think on it

Last edited:

oifla

anybody have an idea on how to go about dating my m416? i've looked around different sites but i'm not seeing anything too concrete but now that i am sure it is an m416, i want to try to date it. thanks!

koolex11

Those little trailers have become rare and expensive. If you got it for cheap you are very lucky. Looks to be in good shape. Can't help with the date, probably 50's-60's (I know why don't I just say 20th century) and I think you should hold onto it because you might not find another for a long time! Those are fun little trailers and make a nice project. What are you pulling it with? A Jeep or a Rover?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks