• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new to me m1008 with ?

dstang97

Ok so I bought my m1008 from a crack head pretty cheap, he told me that it ran out of fuel and that the system was changed to 12v. So I asked him what he did to complete the system? He tells me a electrician did it and just worked of the drivers alternator and put in i guess a relay to the starter. I then asked if he put in a 12v starter and he said nope its original. I picked up m1009 the week before and really like the 24v system. Should i try and put back to original by copying the wireing or put in a gas 12v starter? Or will the 24v starter work for a little while. Im afraid to start it right now to work on it

Bobert

There are some advantages to either way. Do you still have 2 alternators?

This pdf might help you decide, it also has directions. You might need to right click and save target, or open link to open it.

Attachments

Last edited:

EO2NMCB

If it were me, I would convert it back to the stock 24/12v config system. By doing so you can use the TM's to trouble shoot the system, also if left in the current setup it makes it very hard for someone here to try and help you out when or if you run into problems. It may not be the best system in the world, but lots of members here know it well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks