• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me M1028 have a couple of questions

Dave 52804

Just got my 1028 yesterday, and it's a ton of fun. The questions I have are the 4 wheel drive light doesn't come on when 4wd is engaged. I know the 4wd works because the boys at my shop tested it when it was on a lift. If its just a burnt out bulb whats the part# and how do you go about getting the bulb out. Next question concerns the brakes. A couple of times while driving today, the pedal went soft, almost to the floor and the brake light came on. Kinda scary, but it stopped. Thanks in advance for the help. Good day gentlemen.

1986Blazerk5

The bulb part number is 168, it is available at O'reilly auto parts, auto zone, etc.
there is a pic where the bulb goes, the arrow shows where the 4x4 light is, this is under the dash.

Attachments

JAsher45

the brake problem. i would check your fluid level... check all your lines and wheel cylinders.. you could have a leak...or your master cylinder could be going bad download the tms and follow the trouble shooting tree

Last edited:

Matt65

Make sure the hubs are engaged before selecting 4 wheel drive. Mine will not come on with the transfer case shifter engaged only. I had soft brakes due to low power steering fluid, providing low assist. Brake fluid replacement and bleeding also helped a lot.