• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me M1088A1 tractor

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Got a new toy for myself. M1088A1 with a 3126. TX truck so no rust. These east coast trucks are hit or miss in the rust dept. Needs a few little things here and there nothing major. First mod was the air dryer. There is a noticeable difference in power between the M1088 and the A1 truck. Gotta find a good truck pull for this one. Bet it could pull 60k. And its got a cool Steyr steering wheel center cap.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Attachments

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the hanging cabinet behind the driver's seat. Kind of like an upgraded version of the cloth hang bag like mine has on the passenger side. Does it have a shelf inside? Does that cargo net just snap on?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
No shelf in there but would be easy to improvise something. Other side has the floor to ceiling comm rack. I may take it all out in favor of high back seating though. Havent decided yet.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Added led rev light, swapped the little round halogen rear work lights for relocated leds, new led blinker and tails, new H4 conversions with 80/100 watt bulbs. New ctis controller and a new breaker power panel, which cleared up a lot of the little intermittent gremlins the truck had.
5.jpg2.jpg1.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the LED turns and tails. You're going to build a nice workhorse! Are these interchangeable with others I see for sale on classifieds? Or, is something different needed for FMTV/LMTV's?

Now that I'm thinking about lights. Is there an easy LED swap for headlights? Only Suprman knows...

expeditionnw

Sweet truck! I just picked up its twin. WHere did you find your replacement PCB board? being a 3126 truck, im thinking its the same board as a A0?