• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me truck, #2

jimm1009

I am confused about the marking on the door.

I understand the CARC and 06 for "CARC last applied in 2006".
What is does the rest mean??

Inquiring minds need to know now that it is sitting in my driveway.

PS: I forgot to mention that the intake scoop for the heater is backwards.
Think that this was done intentionally as a summer-time trick or did someone just goof up?
See pic of left side of truck for backwards scoop.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The heater duct is "backward" to keep rain out. Thats a normal D turbo and single piston air compressor. Dunno about the door markings.

jimm1009

Is there an advantage to having a single over a double in actual use?
Of course double is for double piston I assume which means more air more efficiently.
For us guys on the outside is one better than the other for repairing or rebuilding down the road?
#2 Can anyone tell which engine this is? I am assuming that the serial number is what stamped at the bottom of the plate. It sounds like a cat when idling but I have no idea which one it is. Any way to tell from other castings or bolt-on parts to see if it is
a -1, or, -1C, or -1D?
Jim
PS: Thanks for the comments but I did not want to go down in a flame ball for not having some photographic evidence of the rescue mission.
Ha Ha

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wondered what that valve sticking out of the side of the oil filter housing, I saw one on dm22630's trucks and had no clue.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The air scoop for the heater is backwards. They may have reversed it to keep the rain out, but this is not the way it was supposed to be installed. Nice looking truck...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks