• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to site.

seabee mike

HI, I'm Mike. I just won a m1009 from GL. I will be restoring it and turn it into a seabee Blazer. I use to own one but sold it to some guy in CA. It had plates that said CB SUV. That guy never returned my plates. Any how. I will be doing it all over again with out a lot of body work this time. I am reading on some of the things you can do to them. I may add a lift 2 or 4''. I don't want huge tires. I will add a turbo to it. AC and who knows. I own 2 M37's 1 small jeep trailer not sure the name of it . It is sealed to float. I had a Ford GPW 43. I love the MV look as i use to drive them. I wish to make it a fun strong tow vehicle. I added a photo of my last one. I don't know where all the photos went but this is the only one left.

I don't remember the lettering size for the US Navy and the number size. I never seen a Seabee 1009 with the (for official use only) SO i will not add that. If you know what size the letters are to be i would be thankful for that info. I believe it was 1.5'' but??? Any how I will be posting more as soon as i pick it up from CO.

">

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The lettering is most likely 3". Though 2" is standard for USMC/USN, from what I have seen of Seabee vehicles, they usually have 3" characters.

Welcome aboard Mike.

Cheers

Last edited:

seabee mike

Awesome ! thank you. I am waiting for the ECU forms to be approved. I will be able to go get the Blazer. I hope it runs. The info said it was driven in. Anyone know of a paint supplier? I will go with the desert tan again. I love the OD green but it gets hot out here in the desert.

67_C-30

Awesome ! thank you. I am waiting for the ECU forms to be approved. I will be able to go get the Blazer. I hope it runs. The info said it was driven in. Anyone know of a paint supplier? I will go with the desert tan again. I love the OD green but it gets hot out here in the desert.
Rapco sells CARC substitute that is the correct color, but it is not quiteb as flat as CARC.

Rapco Parts Company

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SteelSoldiers.

Make sure you visit the Cucv Wiki - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite (CUCV Wiki) that is at the top of the page on the CUCV Forum. All of the CUCV Technical Manuals are listed and many other helpful bits of information. Make sure you download the repair manuals. You can get then for free.

Also checkout the http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/20600-faq-thread-cucvs.html stickey. It is where we try to post helpful tips and tricks.

Almost every question you will have has been asked and answered many times. The advanced search will become your best friend. Please don't hesitate to ask something that you can't find.

Read the TM 9-2320-289-10 Operators Manual to find out how a stock system should work. It is simular to the Operators Manual for Civilian vehicles. It tells you where all the lighs, switches, etc are located and what they do.

Warthog

rnd-motorsports

Welcome to the site! good luck with the new ride. when you get that far you can check and if the plate is not used by anybody you can get it back the dmv can check if its used in about 3 seconds !

seabee mike

Right click on Steel Soldiers and save it to your computer. It's the NAVFAC P-300 Manual. It will have all of the marking details you need. Truck ID # should be 94-XXXXX.
Sounds like a great project. What NMCB were you attached to?
I was in NMCB 1, CBU 408, CAT 0120, NASNI SELF HELP, CAMP DAVID, REGAINS RANCH, and have been to many more places. I loved going to new places.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I forgot I had these pictures until this morning. This is an M1009 that was parked outside the MVPA convention in Topeka. Markings appear to be original.

The door markings look like 3" rather than 2". The "For official use only" are 1" stick on letters, the rest was painted. The markings are painted over, but still show what was on the truck.
Whoever put the markings on missed the part about using green on the black parts of the truck, they used black everywhere!
All four tow points were painted yellow. The rings on the back were yellow, the ones on the front were not but the bracket/post (whatever you want to call it) were. They were marked "Tiedown" in 1" letters.

The lettering on the center front of the hood reads TAM F171 (could be an E? Faded out).

Anyway, hopefully they are helpful. We'll see how they come out downsized for posting.

Cheers

1- Right side
2- Left door
3- Left side of tailgate
4- Right rear bumper
5- Right front
6- Hood

Edit - Woohoo! My 1k post, that only puts me about 17k behind Kenny, I'm catching up!

Edit- I was poking through a website on Navy Seabee trucks, almost all of them had the tow shackles painted yellow.

Attachments

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I forgot I had these pictures until this morning. This is an M1009 that was parked outside the MVPA convention in Topeka. Markings appear to be original.

The door markings look like 3" rather than 2". The "For official use only" are 1" stick on letters, the rest was painted. The markings are painted over, but still show what was on the truck.
Whoever put the markings on missed the part about using green on the black parts of the truck, they used black everywhere!
All four tow points were painted yellow. The rings on the back were yellow, the ones on the front were not but the bracket/post (whatever you want to call it) were. They were marked "Tiedown" in 1" letters.

The lettering on the center front of the hood reads TAM F171 (could be an E? Faded out).

Anyway, hopefully they are helpful. We'll see how they come out downsized for posting.

Cheers

1- Right side
2- Left door
3- Left side of tailgate
4- Right rear bumper
5- Right front
6- Hood

Edit - Woohoo! My 1k post, that only puts me about 17k behind Kenny, I'm catching up!

Edit- I was poking through a website on Navy Seabee trucks, almost all of them had the tow shackles painted yellow.

I resurrected this necro thread to let you know your truck was from Hialeah, FL as part of Mobile Inshore Undersea Warfare Unit

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks