• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the Forum...New M1009...stock...what to mod first.

hotcorner216

So I picked up my first k5 m1009 yesterday, odo says 75k but might have rolled over...anywho after my first drive home in it (80 miles, no problem) I felt like I had lost some of my hearing (6.2L D) lol First things Id like to do along with some other mods you guys recommend...
(Only mod is that it has already been converted to 12V)

This will not be a DD but used mostly weekends, light to moderate off roading, to the beach since she can be made topless...

1. Quieter...I dont expect it to be sound proof but Id like to get it down. interior is naked besides what it came with from the military. (seats, dash, etc.) I also want to do this as CHEAP as possible...would a couple layers of peel n seal help? some heavy rubber mats? something for the fenders and hood?

2. A/C, under dash unit? any other cheap options?

3.what else do you guys recommend? Any ideas or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1st is to read the dozen or so stickies in the CUCV forum. Very cheap. Only cost your time.

MarcusOReallyus

Depends how the mod was done, doesn't it?

If that relay is still there, it's not a bad idea to replace it.

I think the first "mod" is to create a new wiring diagram for the starting circuit, so he knows what he has.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My views are tainted but the first thing I would do is restore the 24V function deleted by the previous owner.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks