• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New too me.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lead foot trucking out of Ga. just dropped off the 1997 M1088 that I bought from John Appel In Pa. The truck is in good shape and with a good service I hope to be a trucking.

Attachments

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well done! That is a awesome looking combo!

I wonder if anyone has set an AC unit on that second shelf on the trailer and plumbed it forward to the cab?

Rick

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AC a cab how do you think I keep my girlish figure? Horses sweat. Women glow and men perspire. Yea we have member here in Fl. that know his stuff and is doing the retro fitting to the trucks with AC. And yes I will be calling him soon and see if he will hook me up with AC. Too heck with my figure, smart man builds roof over tools.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Nice. I have been thinking about tractor AC. You could put the condenser up against the aux trans cooler behind the cab and just switch on the fans already there. Would make for a much easier AC install. I have the compressor brackets and the heater boxes with AC are plentiful right now.
Will

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are your plans for the trailer? Is this the beginnings of a camper build?
My Uncle already mad it a camper and with a MWO down to new paint and storage stands and storage drawers like tool boxes. Then the trailer was moth balled. I just had to change out the AC and add bigger bed. I also add my tools/stuff.PIC_1062.jpg

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! What a great looking interior on the trailer. Is the tractor gussied up as well?

Rick
Just started on the tractor. Took out all seats and padding. Washed out all the dirt. I should remove the two boxes and do the cab right. I plan to prep the cab floor and have bed liner sprayed on it and no padding. Then I have some nice Supra black leather seats that will go on the two front and just put the jump seat back in. She needs all new shoes stamped out no longer than one year ago. I like fresh tires. Guess I will be shopping around the board for the best price on them bad boys. Does not need repainted right now just some touch up on the badges where they covered them up with spray paint.
I am going to get my carport concrete extended to 40x40 and get a steel carport at 13 foot high by 40x40 like I have at my other property so half of the pad/shelter will house the trailer and give me the other half to work off of. AT least with what I have now for concrete I can change out the rears with the new shoes. I will do the front tires on the dirt. It will be another month before the Concrete is poured and cured to work off of.

Attachments

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you weren't all healed up and feeling good already that would sure make a guy feel good waking up to every morning. The only trouble I see is when someone rings the door-bell they'd be long gone by the time you walk all the way to the back to see who's there. You're going to need an intercom for visitors. Sweet set-up!
Did you need to fly a Canadian consultant down to show you how to write your name in the concrete?

goldneagle

Just started on the tractor. Took out all seats and padding. Washed out all the dirt. I should remove the two boxes and do the cab right. I plan to prep the cab floor and have bed liner sprayed on it and no padding. Then I have some nice Supra black leather seats that will go on the two front and just put the jump seat back in. She needs all new shoes stamped out no longer than one year ago. I like fresh tires. Guess I will be shopping around the board for the best price on them bad boys. Does not need repainted right now just some touch up on the badges where they covered them up with spray paint.
I am going to get my carport concrete extended to 40x40 and get a steel carport at 13 foot high by 40x40 like I have at my other property so half of the pad/shelter will house the trailer and give me the other half to work off of. AT least with what I have now for concrete I can change out the rears with the new shoes. I will do the front tires on the dirt. It will be another month before the Concrete is poured and cured to work off of.
Nice truck and trailer. What tires are you looking for for the truck?

FloridaAKM

I told you would really like the truck & lots of the guys here agree. Now you can take your portable mancave every where you want to go instead of just leaving it in the back yard!

Guys, his trailer is way nicer than the pictures show, you have to see it in person to really get the depth of it!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man ,that truck looks familiar...
Just wanted to say Tanks again John the truck is cleaning up nice and well worth the money.

Ok back to the tinkering Allen reminded me if the Supra seats fit they would not recline with the two storage boxes and the cab was easy to wash out with the water hose.
After reading the thread where Soldier A removed the front lifting arm's and how much they weighed I too removed them. Have thought about the tires so the new idea is just put 2014/2015 stamped out tries on the front and for the rears and spare just find NOS but stored inside not ever run. Knowing nothing about MTV'S I am liking them a lot.
Now with the interior out and just the driver's seat installed with one bolt I can move the truck around till I grab the Supra seat this week and see if they will work. I did not like that the outside storage box did not have a drain so there is one now.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks