• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Trailer

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just picked this up for our Scouts use. It's in really great shape, no rust at all. Any info on the surge brakes or things I should look out for. I plan on leaving the stock lights, but want to make an adapter for a 4 flat. It pulled nice behind my Titan. When I picked it up it had about 10 fuel and water cans in the back, sadly the yard man wouldn't let me keep them. Any one have an idea what the "B-260T" means.

Attachments

DieselBob

Nice trailer. Good to hear the recovery was smooth.

When I picked it up it had about 10 fuel and water cans in the back, sadly the yard man wouldn't let me keep them.
I might have had to argue with the GL guy, of course you can't win, but. If there is a ton of trash in the trailer or truck you go to pickup it's yours and you have to take it with you.

RealCavDog

Great start ! Everything your asking about can be found by using the search function !

Much more than you can imagine , just be desciptive and vary your search wording !

KsM715

I might have had to argue with the GL guy, of course you can't win, but. If there is a ton of trash in the trailer or truck you go to pickup it's yours and you have to take it with you.

Especially if there are any photos in the sale that might have had shots of the cans in there.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Just found out that Jerry/scepter fuel cans are illegal to purchase in the US. Something about people being too stupid to use a fuel can so the lawmakers stepped in to save us from ourselves??? I can only assume that is why you couldn't keep the fuel cans, no idea about the water cans.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice trailer! Scouts love MVs!!

B 260T = Company "B" / Vehicle 260 / "T" for trailer

Nonotagain

Just found out that Jerry/scepter fuel cans are illegal to purchase in the US. Something about people being too stupid to use a fuel can so the lawmakers stepped in to save us from ourselves??? I can only assume that is why you couldn't keep the fuel cans, no idea about the water cans.
You can thank the Great State of California for no non-CARB Jerry cans. Once the fruits and nuts banned the sale of non-vapor, non-spill cans the end was in sight.

I was lucky enough to get a 12 pack of NATO cans from Coleman's a few years back as well as finding some NOS Jerry cans. I'm set for a while.

I purchased one of the new cans just to see how long it would take to dump 5 gallons of fuel verses the older can. The new can took almost 4 minutes to dump 5 gallons of gas verses 45 seconds with the old Jerry can and large screw on spout.

Nice looking trailer and yes, the cover is on backwards.

Last edited:

fuzzyone28

Very Nice trailer! Mine had a bunch of fuel hose for the fuel pumps that go with the pod. I got to keep that stuff. I would had to of fought on that one. The b-260t means B company trailer 260. There usually more numbers like mine. Mine was 75th div. 2nd battalion 382 Logistic support company trailer 147. They are great trailers I pull mine with my M1009 and Chevy 2500HD the trailer pulls really nice and is very useful. I just tied in my 7 round to the junction box where the MIL plug meets the wire harness. That way I can use both plugs.

Attachments

truck1

Very nice,looks like a M116 1 ton axle with a A3 bed without fender exstensions. .Also 16" 8 lug wheels and tires-very practical setup.Good score!Also you're front landing leg crank handle survived recovery!

Last edited:

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can thank the Great State of California for no non-CARB Jerry cans. Once the fruits and nuts banned the sale of non-vapor, non-spill cans the end was in sight.

I was lucky enough to get a 12 pack of NATO cans from Coleman's a few years back as well as finding some NOS Jerry cans. I'm set for a while.

I purchased one of the new cans just to see how long it would take to dump 5 gallons of fuel verses the older can. The new can took almost 4 minutes to dump 5 gallons of gas verses 45 seconds with the old Jerry can and large screw on spout.

Nice looking trailer and yes, the cover is on backwards.
I'm really starting to hate California. aua :rant:

DieselBob

As long as I can remember they have been predicting that at some point California is suppose to break off and head west out in the Pacific ocean. Anyway we can help this along...

derf

The GL person probably wanted whatever was in the back. Technically, he/she should not be able to take anything out of or add anything to auction lots, especially after the new owner (you) have seen the stuff and taken posession.

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have loved to have the cans, but, I like to stay on the local yard guys good side. There were no pics of the trailer online showing the cans so I didn't want to argue. The tarp is exactly as I picked it up, when you guys say backwards, do you mean the flaps should be on the sides, not the front and back. I did notice when I was pulling it home, that the wind was catching on the flaps...thought that was just poor design.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Knowing of the Rev's other purchases I doubt this came from GL but rather from another source. As such they may have different rules pertaining to what's allowed to leave with the trailer.

But regardless, this is a nice item and I'm sure you and the Boy Scouts will put it to good use.

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes mkcoen, it was not from GL, but did come off their lot, I have dealt with that particular yard guy in the past, he is very "by the book" and I doubt he had any underhanded reason to keep the cans, besides, my "other" source has plenty of them if I need them.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have loved to have the cans, but, I like to stay on the local yard guys good side. There were no pics of the trailer online showing the cans so I didn't want to argue. The tarp is exactly as I picked it up, when you guys say backwards, do you mean the flaps should be on the sides, not the front and back. I did notice when I was pulling it home, that the wind was catching on the flaps...thought that was just poor design.

No, backwards. On the inside, the cover will be stenciled "FRONT" and "REAR". Take it off, rotate it 180 degrees and reattach.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes mkcoen, it was not from GL, but did come off their lot, I have dealt with that particular yard guy in the past, he is very "by the book" and I doubt he had any underhanded reason to keep the cans, besides, my "other" source has plenty of them if I need them.
I know what you mean about "by the book." I made sure to take Rod with me to look at the M151 they have sitting over there. I didn't want security called on me.

In the end it comes down to taking what you paid for. If there's more that's great, but if it's just what you paid for then there's no need to feel less than happy with the deal.

Last edited:

derf

Yes. I like the guy who bought the shelter and found a 10kW water cooled Diesel generator inside.