• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New truck.....First M1008 scare

Milbikes

Now that my new M1008 is home, I was happily checking fluids, checking tire pressure...taking short hops around the neighborhood.....and there it was, coolant dripping off the back of the engine onto the driveway! Ahhhhh! I turns out to be leaking from the base-plate that the coolant temp sensor is mounted on, on the top left rear of the engine. The wires coming out of the sensor are damaged, the insulation is worn away, and some wire strands broken. Is this sensor available at Autozone or elsewhere? Is there a prefered unit that you suggest? Hopefully any other problems will be small as well. Thanks for any tips. H.

allrevup

now that my new m1008 is home, i was happily checking fluids, checking tire pressure...taking short hops around the neighborhood.....and there it was, coolant dripping off the back of the engine onto the driveway! Ahhhhh! I turns out to be leaking from the base-plate that the coolant temp sensor is mounted on, on the top left rear of the engine. The wires coming out of the sensor are damaged, the insulation is worn away, and some wire strands broken. Is this sensor available at autozone or elsewhere? Is there a prefered unit that you suggest? Hopefully any other problems will be small as well. Thanks for any tips.

NAPA #gps201

mrcucv

Yeah you can go to any auto parts store really. I personally like Standard Motor Products for my electrical sensors and stuff