• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Truck

rottiedog

Got my deuce from Bob today. Nice!!! Loud!!! Getting ready for a few projects already. Steering is tight but would think that power steering is on the top of the mod list. Brakes would be second.

Lots of questions to come.....

Attachments

M1075

I think I remember seeing that truck for sale a year or two ago. In Florida maybe? The paint and the dual 11R20s make it look familiar.

rottiedog

desertfox said:
I like it. The bed is at the correct height. Tires look righteous. Do you plan on a disc change over? :driver:
Yes, disc brakes are high on the list. Been reading up on that on here. Would like to singles in the rear.

Any recommendations? Wish there was a nice sticky note on EXACTLY what is needed for power steering and disc brakes. What donors are good to steal from....

Just drove the beast to Target to get tupperware. Lots of fun!! Spent more on fuel than I did on plastic crap.

Going to spend some time in the TM to fix wipers and horn. After that, time to start mods. Going to sell some of the other toys to fund this toy. This might be my favorite out of the convoy in the driveway.

russ81

Let me know what you come up with on the disk brakes. I have checked with quite a few places with no good results. USA 6x6 carries them, but everyone on this site says to stay clear of them. Mark at Boyce Equipment says that as soon as some one comes up with a quality product he will start carrying it. All of them that he has tested has come back as a piece of crap.
Just my 2cents

Jakob

For disk brakes, search around on Pirate4x4. I know someone there was making a disk brake setup for the Deuce axles. I believe they were using F550 calipers and rotors from something else with a custom bracket.

russ81

Offroad fabworks web site has been down for several months. I talked to him a while back, and he couldn't give me an answer as to when it would be back up.

CRAP!!!! HOW can I have missed this one.

rottiedog get ahold of me for your parts. We make a Power steering conversion for these trucks. Plus also make the disk brake conversions.

russ81 said:
Offroad fabworks web site has been down for several months. I talked to him a while back, and he couldn't give me an answer as to when it would be back up.
Russ it will be back very shortly. Im very sorry about the problem with the site being down. But its coming back online fully detailed shortly sorry. please call or let me know what you guys need. Our new web guy has it undercontrol now. im sorry for the delay.

Hydraulic. 2 options. first one comes with pump (mounts to engine), gear box, arm, shaft to adapt to stock steer arm, lines, reservoir. Basically take it apart about the firewall and replace it all to the steering arm.

if you really want to you can also add a hydraulic assist cylinder to it.

before i catch crap. YES i know nopics i need to get some

67Cougar

rottiedog,
Welcome to the disease. There is no cure. It gets in your blood and is all but impossible to get out. I fell in love with the deuce the first time that I drove one. Took me 9 years to get my own. I am always trying to figure out some way to make it bigger, better, faster, jump higher, etc. Money seems to be the biggest hold up for me.

Nice looking ride, have tons of fun! ! ! !