• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

newB w/ a Deuce

PUZZLED

Hello all,

I have had a few random post around, but haven't formerly introduced myself.

I am Matt (Puzzled) Rosser. I got into this madness looking around auction sites for brass to reload. I have been shooting pistol competitions for a while and wanted to buy a HUGE amount of brass so i didn't have to play "brass chicken" at the range. I work on cars for a living so i give my back a rest as much as i can (and I'm lazy whenever possible).

Anywho, the Brass auction i was watching went absolutely crazy so decided to have a peak at everything San Antonio had to offer me. "HOLY JEEBUS they have military trucks" Is what i yelled to the Tech that works next to me. I went down and gave 7 of them a good once over and picked 2 to bid on. Won 1 of the beauties and drove her home to Katy (west Houston) 3 Thursdays later.

I just CAN'T chop one of these awesome machines up and bob it although it looks cool. Its just not the same if it doesn't look like a Deuce, Yet my wife now wants a "small" one to drive.

So somehow i went form a guy w/ 3 too many hobbies to 5 too many hobbies and a wife that wants to participate in two of them....... Goodbye money, it was nice seeing you. I have since picked up a good lot of parts on CL and have a "watch" list on GL a mile long for trucks, parts, brass, and ammo cans.

On a side note, if anyone has trouble w/ a Chevrolet (or really any GM vehicle) from 96 and up feel free to shoot me a PM. I can diagnose those things over the phone and have a memory like a steel trap for vehicle related issues (can't tell you what i did before i started typing this post though).... where was I?..... See!

Carry on, and I appreciate the site and everyone who contributes

Flyingvan911

Did you pick it up painted like that? That's in awesome shape!!! How much did you get it for? (If you don't mind me asking.) Get the wife a M-37. I agree, bobbing looks cool but I'm keeping mine intact. I like the way it looks as is. And I don't want to take it too far from the military side.

RealCavDog

Welcome from Missouri, and think I watched your Deuce go through, if it happened in the last few months !

They had some nice ones, and looks like you scored good !

PUZZLED

Did you pick it up painted like that? That's in awesome shape!!! How much did you get it for? (If you don't mind me asking.) Get the wife a M-37. I agree, bobbing looks cool but I'm keeping mine intact. I like the way it looks as is. And I don't want to take it too far from the military side.
and

Welcome from Missouri, and think I watched your Deuce go through, if it happened in the last few months !

They had some nice ones, and looks like you scored good !
The truck is in amazing shape. I paid way more than what seems to be the historic norm for these trucks, but i'd pay it again for one of this calibur ($3100)

It has a trans output seal leak, two axle seal leaks, oil pan leak, fuel tank leak, all of which are very slow and will be fixed by next weekend. The rest of the truck is tons better than many that i've seen around. I need to fix a torn tarp eyelet or two, and fix some rust under the soft top, but thats rreally it. The rest is little b.s. i can live with. Needs to look a little rough being its a Mil vehicle

Thanks again for the welcome + see my other posts for some free trailer parts if you need them

Josh

3100 Aint bad.

I payed 3k from mine and it didnt even have the troopseats or anything.. It does have the air assit steering though.

PUZZLED

Nice job and welcome to the madness.

On a side not, I do have a Chevy Trailblazer EXT LS that I'm having issues with. Maybe I can pick your brain some time.
1) if its 02 to 06 it will need a thermostat or two after setting P0128 code w/ engine light on.
2) they ALL end up needing a cooling fan clutch at some point + i have a killer trick for replacing them
3) water pump usually fails when the fan does so do both
4) cleaning the throttle body out does wonders for how they run + updating the ECM w/ current cals helps a ton too
5) P0449 is very common due to an open in the evap vent valve. Put one on it and check the canister for dirt build up if its high mileage
6) rear window regulators are bad about the cables separating but they are a gravy to replace so don't let anyone overcharge you to replace one.
7) clicking noise in the dash is one of the a/c actuators. parts are cheap but the labor is not. I have a trick for all but one of them so hope its not the one
8) There is a special policy through GM about the fuel fill neck on the fuel tank cracking, leaking fuel, and setting DTC's that are common w/ a loose gas cap
9) Plan on ordering an instrument cluster at some point for a wondering inaccurate gauge or the center D.I.C. fading out where you can't read it
10) you will need both stop lamp circuit boards and two bulbs at some point. Those things fail at the drop of a hat
11) If the fuel gauge reads empty when you fill up but then returns to reading correctly after some driving there is an open spot in the resistive card of the fuel sender. Live w/ it or replace it, but it will NOT cause other issues (i'd live w/ it)

........hmmm... thats all for now
I'm sure you didn't need all that. I just like to vent off the stuff i can come up w/ real quick. The knowledge may help you, or another reader may even have an "Ah Ha!" moment

PM and we can talk cars

Thanks, Matt R

PUZZLED

3100 Aint bad.

I payed 3k from mine and it didnt even have the troopseats or anything.. It does have the air assit steering though.
Sweet action! I'd kill for that steering.... That may be a mod on the top of the list once the general repair and Maintenance is done

PUZZLED

Glad to see a fellow Texan and Gixxer rider with one. [thumbzup]

Be careful, MV's multiply.
Thanks for the reply[thumbzup]

Like the Vid in your Sig there. I take a trip once or twice a year up to Marble Falls for the boat races and just to ride. Your area reminds me of the north side of Austin. Wish is was like that around here...... nothing but flat straits down here :x

Here is a vid for the GIXXER fan in you.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXG69Ylbcdo[/media]In 04 i bought an 02 Telefonica 600 and scattered it across the garage. Went back w/ black powdercoated everything, 750 swingarm, 1000 engine, racefit slash cut, and so many more mods i don't have room to type. I did all that stuff before all the bits were the craze so it felt custom and personal for about 6 months (you know how fast bike stuff goes) . It was my dream bike that i turned into a "better than a dream" bike.

You may even like my 06 "Cruzer" Hayabusa! Lifted the bars 1.25" added hard bags, adjusted suspension, and rode the "you know what" out of it. That thing would do 150ish all day long like you were driving a Caddy at 35. Check the pic

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks