• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from Azerbaijan

steyr06

Hi All

I live in Azerbaijan, small country between Russia and Iran.
My English is not very good, sorry about it. I found and bought M1008 in my country about an year ago. American embassy was selling it. The truck was painted white and it was in really bad condition. But I had no choice, there are only 2 M1008 in my country, both from the Embassy and when I got there the first M1008 had been sold. So, I decided to buy it.
I registered here 03.10.09
12 month I was reading the forum and learning a lot. Thanks for that.
I don't want to keep the truck in original, a lot of thing missed there. My goal is to build a pop-up truck Camper. I can't buy such a truck in my country becouse camping is not popular here. I can't buy the outside of the country becouse if I do it, I'll have to pay taxes which are really high in my country. For a truck with 6.2L I need to pay about 30K for taxes. Anyway, I made a decision and started slowly to fix my truck. I made it slightly longer, the bed is 3 meter now :smile: Installed Banks Turbo, digital gauges ...

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site. Don't worry, your English is fine...... probably better than some of ours.

Nice job on the bed lengthening. American vehicles in general must be very rare and unusual in your Country.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. I'm sure you have a different perspective and unusual (to us) experiences to share. I look forward to it!