• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from Utah!!

CajunMojo

New to this awesome site, live in Utah. Plan on buying an M1008 very soon. Looking for one to buy and not pay too much $$$. How much is a good price and how much is too much?

Thanks

91W350

You missed some really nice ones that sold out there already, but I am sure there are more coming. I made a trip out earlier to recover one of my M1009s. Took the Amtrak out and drove her home. Gutsy or stupid, the jury is still out. At least I had a friend pick it up and drive it before I made the 1100 mile trip home. Welcome to the site! Glen

Attachments

CajunMojo

Thanks for the quick reply. Where in Ut did you buy the M1008 or M1009. Is Boyce Equipment in Ogden Utah a good place? The want $6500 for a fully checked out, to drive off the lot. Is that too high of a price?
Thanks

91W350

That would have to be a really screaming hot nice one, almost perfect. They will get it though, they have a huge advertising base and do good work. I paid 4995 for my M1008 with under 25,000 on it.

I got mine from a member here who bought it near SLC. It had been at the Dugway Proving Ground. It still has their decal on the steering column.

I think the member's name was bottles.

Attachments

superburban

Welcome! I would never buy one from Boyce, but not because of a problem with their work. I'm just a cheapskate, so I like to do the work myself. I can save thousands of dollars that way, plus I know exactly what's going into my vehicle.