• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from Washington with CUCV question

Buz49

We just got our 1985 M1008 last Friday..... after months and months of looking we found one in Blaine Washington owned by the forest service.....it was kept indoors for 25 years and never used in the winter.....they even waxed it regularly; it is in amazing condition and bright fire engine red in color....I will post some pics soon.

I have two questions:
1) The fuse for the horn was not in and when I put one in the horn stays on; I have concluded that the horn relay is the likely problem. Where is the horn relay? I think it is to the right of the steering column behind the lower dash but when I take off the inspection panel at the bottom of the steering wheel what I see is two Bosch relays just to the right of the steering column. Is this it??? why two???
2) My M1008 has had the 12v conversion done and I am missing the original amp gague; where can I get one and will it be need to be 12v or will the original 24v one work?

thanks for a great site!!!!!!!!! everyone is so knowledgeable and helpful!!!!!!!!!!

Buz49:-D

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome , TM's are downloadable free at www.jatonkam35s.com download them start reading every question you have will be covered . There is a button the toolbar at the top of the page press the one that says "search" both question will be covered .

Stalwart

Welcome, from about 100 miles N. of you. I attend a Shelby event in Battle Ground every year, about 50-60 Shelbys invade causing total chaos and loud noises. :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks