• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie Mike K

Mike K

Hello All

I do not own a military vehicle but I have owned several K5's. I am thinking of getting a "fun truck" but I would like to keep it within a blue collar budget.

The Chief of my department told me to check out this site so here I am.

Originally interested in a Unimog or a 2 1/2 but thinking of keeping it more within budget with a Powerwagon or a CUCV.

So with my liking of K5's and camping the M1009 may seem the way to go, if not a M1008 being more versatile for utility considering I already own a SUV style vehicle.

I will mostly be lurking for the time being until I can get a better foundation.

Take Care
Mike K

Chut1st

Welcome, Mike!

If you're like most of us here, you'll discover lots of OD vehicles that you'd like to own some day.

Happy hunting,

RB

2027Deuce

Welcome Mike,
Do your research and get what will work for you. Also it helps to enjoy working on MVs because they all require maintenance, some more than others. Good luck with the search.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rat4spd
If they are cheaper to obtain, how about repair/ maintain on or to get street legal?
Mike,

Easy and cheap. You just have to decide on if you want to get a private party listing, from a dealer or deal with GL and EUC hell...........................

They all have advantages and disadvantages. Of course the more advantages, the higher the price...................

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks