• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie with M-274

crm391

Hello everyone, well I bit the bullet and purchased an M-274 a4 AWS. it was owned by a vietnam vet for over 20 years. Anyway its in decent shape, it has electric start and and an alternator upgrade . It needs seats repaired, some cables, ect.... It has no spark. can anyone give me some guidance on what to look for . It has been sitting for 2 years. I replaced fuel filter, oil, , oil filter ,battery and cleaned the gas tank, any help would be greatly appreciated.:driver:

crm391

Thank you and update.

Thanks for the info, I have since discovered that the mule had an electric fuel pump with a return line to the fuel tank installed, the original fuel pump is still in place. I was given a brand new double hump fuel pump with the mule. Unfortunately the original fuel lines and the air filter canister are also gone. I also need a new muffler and the governor shaft has quite a bit of play. Today I am going to clean and adjust the magneto, clean the carb and see if it fires. I was told it ran great before being parked. Is there a place to acquire the fuel lines and air cleaner assembly or should I just make up my own hard lines? Again thanks for your reply. I will post some photos as well.aua