• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Next one to come back - 530C fire truck on M45A2 chassis

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The fire truck hidden in the background of a photo in another thread brought on some comments - so here it is.

The first photo is of the truck as I bought it. The second photo is with restoration about 90% done. The third photo is after I had to walk away from the project for about 4 years. It next to be done over - but can't start that until the truck kitty recovers from the last project.

How quickly things deteriorate.....

Regards,
David

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Nest one to come back - 530C fire truck on M45A2 chassis

I don't really consider paint fading to count as deterioration. Nor do I consider high weeds around the truck to be that either. Repainting the truck is normal for sitting outside for a while. Next time, David, please make sure you build a garage to keep the trucks nice and out of the sun, and the 24087 will last a LOT longer, whether its Aervoe or Gillespie.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
RE: Nest one to come back - 530C fire truck on M45A2 chassis

Sadly, far more has gone wrong than fading paint - details later. Garage would be nice - but not in the cards at the moment.

DD

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Jason,
I'm 98% certain our trucks came from the same auction in Lebanon - the truck was SG OD FS595A 24087 - and it faded to a paler, flatter color.

DD

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks