• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NH 250 oil leak

925A1

Hello, new on the site. I have a M925A1 1986 NH 250 Cummins. This truck was listed as F7 but when I picked it up it was stamped F9, bummer. The engine runs very good. 7032 miles 320 hours. I have engine oil under pressure, draining the crank case and purging from the coolant overflow tank. I pulled the oil cooler that had been replaced by military. the rear O ring retainer plate was not installed and the O ring was leaking. I cleaned the cooling system and the engine oil system. installed both O rings and retainer plates. I installed the retainer plates in the direction that the front plate was removed. With the beveled cup in toward the O ring. I was not sure about that direction as there is little contact on the O ring. I fired up and engine oil purged right away from the coolant tank. If anyone could give me details on the proper installation of the O ring retainers or has a opinion of a pressure point failure please advise.

Thanks,

Mark.

Last edited by a moderator:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i am not much sure about what the actual problem is but i would suggest you to have your car with you to service station
there i something wrong going with coolant

Where is Dell's emotioncon?