• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC 250 cylinder inspection without removing head?

LCA078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I couldn't find anything in the forum about how to inspect the cylinder liners and piston heads without removing the head. Can you drop on borescope through the injector port? I think you need to remove a cup underneath the injector to drop through, but even then I'm not sure what is the opening/clearance to get a 0.250" borescope through it. #18 is the 'sleeve, cooling, fuel' that i'm referring to as the cup
injector assembly.PNG

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Its not that big. Maybe a corn kernel. Takes 45mins to set the timing mark on the accessory drive and pull all 3 heads. Hardest part is removing the fuel crossover screws

LCA078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re:45 mins— This will be my first time so I expect an all morning job. I need to replace a broken cam follower so probably just remove that one head to inspect the innards while I have the top rack off. I’m assuming I have to replace all the gaskets, right?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks