• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC 250 Timing!

mpuvdd

Hey guys,

I finally got around to finishing up my M923. I replaced injectors and need some info on setting the valve and injector timing. I read Will Wagner's post on timing and quite a few other bits of material but am getting my facts mixed up.

So i just want to get this straight. I have top-stop injectors (which means there is no spring showing), the timing on a NHC 250 is 1-5-3-6-2-4 (cylinder #1 being up front by the radiator), and the inner base method can only be used with these top-stop style injectors. Is that correct?

So, I will use the inner base method:

( Injector lever nose UP)
6 in lb on the inj, .011 intake, .023 exh
A....I-3 V-5
B....I-6 V-3
C....I-2 V-6
A....I-4 V-2
B....I-1 V-4
C....I-5 V-1

My timing pulley has three marks on it. None of which actually have any marks on them. So, to find my marks I can turn the engine over until the number 5 injector just starts to move (as stated in Will Wagner's post), and that position should be close to my 1-6 mark. Is this correct?

Thanks for any input. There's a lot of information scattered on the internet but piecing it together is a pain :x