• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Night vision scope for 106

Jeeptj1

Anyone know if this scope---MX-7794B/TVS-2----will fit on the 106 and if so how much trouble to do it. The little i have read said it was probably for a mounted fifty or the 106. Any idea what they are worth working or not working. Thanks john jr

LanceRobson

I never saw a TVS-2 used as a weapon sight and don't know if there were even sight reticle modules for them although the reticles for at TVS-5 sight might work as I suspect the electronics package is the same. The TVS-2s we used were for night observation and adjusting mortar and artillery fire. At about 2'long they were too big for a 106mm recoilless rifle.

Now we're talking about my memory from the mid '70s when I was in the 9th Infantry Division back when we were just fielding the TOW and Dragon anti-armor weapon systems and phasing out the 106 and 90mm recoilless rifles so I may be wrong about the TVS-2 as a weapon sight (but don't think I am). The TVS-5 was around then as out M2 .50 MG sight and was still being used for heavy machineguns when I retired in 2005. To mount one on a 106mm RR you would need the correct mounting bracket to mate the sight to the rifle. You'd likely need a period sight TM from the mid to late '70s to find a part number and also need a to of luck to find one.

Good luck in the search.

Jeeptj1

Lance, thanks for the reply. Yeh it was just one of those "man that thing looks cool" minutes for me. Didnt Really see any way it would actually go on the 106 so assumed there were other pieces needed. thanks again john jr

Jeeptj1

I cant find the pic now but im pretty sure it looks just like that. Have you ever seen one mounted on a 106 and are many other parts required to do so if possible. Thanks john jr

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks