• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No ABS light illumination EVER

2mtrucks

I recently purchased a 1985/2010 M923a1 and I am currently reading my TM. I am doing this because even as an experienced MV owner, I don't know what I need to know about 5 tons. But I am learning a lot. One thing I have noticed is that my ABS light doesn't illuminate for the 3 seconds when the batteries are turned on nor does it ever. The TM states that it should. The light doesn't appear to be tampered with and the screws to remove it are new and partially covered by the new decal applied when it was rebuilt in 2010. Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated. As a side note I want to say thanks for a great site. I recognize some names from the deuce and CUCV forums that were very helpful and am glad to see them here.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you turn the power switch on and then the start switch, but do not start, do you hear the relays in the back of the truck?
If not and no light, I would say your fuses have popped, there is a 15a and a 3a under the dash behind the abs light., well close to the light and a little lower.

2mtrucks

Thank you...I only had the power switch on...In did not turn the start or ignition switch to run. Just went out and followed your instruction and it does illuminate properly. I guess TM does say "ignition switch"...Thanks for your help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks