• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Brake lights

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a '87 M35A2c with the dual M/C. I have no rear brake lights or rear flashers.

I have checked the following:
The bulbs are good.
The front flashers work.
The rear park lights work
The connectors that I could find are tight

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Warthog

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
are the switches on the airpacks the old style (hydraulic) or the new style (air)? Are you checking for brake lights with the truck running and at full air pressure?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
emmado22 said:
are the switches on the airpacks the old style (hydraulic) or the new style (air)? Are you checking for brake lights with the truck running and at full air pressure?
I checked the lights with the truck running and the tanks full. Don't know if the brake light switches on the AirPacks are hydraulic or air? How can I tell? They look like standard hydraulic. (there is one switch on each airpack).

Maybe a bad 3 way lever?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where do the wires going down to the airpack go? To a round switch on the "end" of the airpack, or is the switch/wires on an airline?

If you have the old style switch, buy 2 each new style retrofit kits from Saturn Surplus... A) it's MUCH safer than the old style, and B) it just might fix your problem.

Here are some other past threads that will offer more help.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=16625&highlight=airpack+switch

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=18375&highlight=airpack+switch

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the problem is solved. It turned out to be multiple issues.

To answer the previous question, the switches are attached to the air lines.

Rechecked the bulbs. One was good and the other tested good but when you wiggled it it would fail.

Tested the airpack switches and they where good.

Checked the flasher unit and it had a rusty gound. Tried the flashers, the replaced flakey bulb would work but the good bulb wouldn't. ?????

I had a turn signal switch from my M715 project. Changed it out and everything worked as it should.

So to recap, double check your bulbs, check your ground and test the turn signal switch.

Thanks for everyones help.

Warthog

dabtl

Bjorn would be proud you checked the grounds. I was going to suggest exactly that. It is a good idea to contact Grainger and order new internal/external star washers in any case.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks